As we covered in another post, firewalls are a critical aspect of any network security platform. That’s because a firewall stands as your network’s first line of defense from malicious external attacks. If your business is looking to upgrade to the latest in firewall technology, here are three critical factors you should consider before making a decision.
Security threats are continuously evolving, so your security platform needs the flexibility to do so as well. An effective firewall solution offers these three capabilities:
- Next-Level Visibility: The ideal firewall solution maximizes visibility across your network. From providing real-time data on your userbase, hosts, network, and devices, your firewall should allow you to monitor your network like never before.
- The Latest Malware Protection: Your firewall needs to deliver continuous monitoring capabilities to detect, track, and remediate any potential threats on your network with minimal human intervention.
- Responsive Threat Intelligence: To respond to the latest security threats, your firewall platform needs responsive threat capabilities to keep your operations protected today and tomorrow.
Balancing Costs and Benefits
Cost is frequently the No. 1 factor small- and medium-size businesses use in their decision-making. The right firewall platform should drive cost savings by freeing up your team and minimizing downtime. Here’s how:
- Preventing Breaches: The right firewall effectively prevents breaches with minimal intervention, so you can reduce the downtime that comes with investigating potential network breaches.
- Automating Processes: With advanced automation strategies such as intelligent tuning, analytics, monitoring, and threat correlation, your firewall solution should minimize the manual labor required to protect your network.
- Prioritizing Alerts: To keep your network protected, you need a firewall system that sends alerts in real time, so you can be confident your network is ready to go.
Intuitive at Every Step
Since your team has limited time and resources, you need a straightforward firewall solution that never slows them down. The right firewall should be:
- Easy to Buy: To take advantage of the latest network security solutions, you need a vendor that makes the purchase process as simple as possible. Find a partner that offers flexible financing options and monthly payments so you can access tomorrow’s technology today.
- Easy to Deploy: Your organization can’t afford excessive downtime to deploy a firewall solution. With a firewall that’s easy to install and deploy, you can start protecting your operations from day one.
- Easy to Manage: The right firewall solutions never slow your team down. Make sure your firewall offers an intuitive user interface that makes it easy to identify and address network issues.
Springfield IT Support
If you need help finding the ideal firewall solution for your business, a managed security service provider (MSSP) like PCnet can help. Get in touch with our security experts today, and we’ll start exploring the options for securing your network.